Marcelo Augusto Santos Turine, Leonardo Chaves de Carvalho, and Prof. Dr. Ir. Riri Fitri Sari
The first day of the workshop was divided into five engaging sessions. The initial session explored "Mato Grosso do Sul: A Carbon-Neutral State," offering insights into state public policy on carbon neutral, and was presented by Ricardo José Senna, the Executive Secretary of Science, Technology, and Innovation of the state of Mato Grosso do Sul (SEMADESC).
Ricardo José Senna (Executive Secretary of Science, Technology and Innovation of the state of Mato Groso do Sul/SEMADESC)
The second session delved into "Global Goals for Sustainable Development and the Role of the Research Support Foundation," as explained by Márcio de Araújo Pereira, Director-President of the Foundation for Support to the Development of Education, Science, and Technology of the state of Mato Grosso do Sul (FUNDECT).
Márcio Pereira (Director-President of the Foundation for Support to the Development of Education, Science and Technology of the state of Mato Grosso do Sul/FUNDECT)
The third session centered on "UI GreenMetric: Global Context and Challenges for Universities" and was presented by Tadeu Malheiros.
Tadeu Malheiros (GreenMetric Brazil Representation Environmental Management Superintendence - SGA/USP)
The fourth session took the form of a roundtable discussion about UI GreenMetric indicators, particularly focusing on water and energy & climate change, with contributions from three speakers:
- Dyego Maradona Ataide de Freitas, Vice Director of Quality and Environmental Management at the Universidade Federal de Lavras (UFLA).
- Prof. Regiane Relva Romano, Director of Smart Campus Facens at Centro Universitário Facens.
- Vitor Marques Viana, Superintendent of Infrastructure at the Universidade Federal do Pará (Ufopa).
- Leonardo Chaves de Carvalho, Director of Sustainable Development at Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul (UFMS).
- Thalita dos Santos Dalbelo, Sustainability Coordinator at the Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Unicamp).
- Leonardo Silva Manso, Sustainability Coordinator at the Federal Institute of the South of Minas Gerais (IFSULDEMINAS).
Live stream on UFMS YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@tvufms